The Process of Obtaining Furniture from Bridging AZ
To receive furniture from Bridging AZ, you, the client:
1. Must have a social worker who works for one of our participating social service agencies, and:
2. Be enrolled in one of their programs.
It is the responsibility of your social worker to determine your eligibility, schedule appointments and explain our services. Bridging AZ does not qualify people for our services, that is the role of the agency & social (case) worker.
- If you are an agency caseworker currently employed with a social service agency, please check back for information on how your agency can participate in Bridging programs in 2016.
- Direct all correspondence to Bridging, email@example.com Use your agency email address. firstname.lastname@example.org Personal emails will not be answered
- Bridging is open by appointment only. All appointments are scheduled online. No walk-ins
- Furniture selection based on availability
- Please inform your client Bridging furniture is donated, therefore used. It has been deemed clean, safe and functional
- The alcohol-based disinfectant Steri-Fab is used to treat all beds and soft goods. On contact bedbugs/organic matter are neutralized. This product dries quickly. When completely dry mattresses are wrapped in plastic.
- There are 2 other furniture resources in the valley; you may want to try: www.furniturebank.us or www.furnishinghope
REGISTERED CASE/SOCIAL WORKERS:
The next 2 sections in our FAQ’s pertain to our process and appointment procedures. Please read thru these, most of your questions should be answered. We understand you are representing and advocating for your client. We expect you to familiarize yourself with our policies and procedures, as in doing so the whole process works like clockwork.
A NOTE TO PEOPLE SEEKING HELP FROM THE FURNITURE BANK:
Bridging does not provide case/social workers, nor do we qualify a person for our services. These things occur at the agency level, and a decision to provide a client with furniture is their prerogative, not ours.
CASEWORKERS: FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE: CLIENT SHOPPING NO LONGER AVAILABLE. CLIENT NEED NOT BE PRESENT AT/DURING APPOINTMENT. FURNITURE IS PRE-SELECTED BY BRIDGING, AND MADE AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT FOR PICK-UP BY AGENCY, CLIENT OR AGENCY REPRESENTATIVE.
Step 1: Using your pre-assigned username and password, complete the Furniture Request Form. Remember to click submit! You will be redirected to our appointment calendar where you will:
Step 2: Schedule an online appointment using the same username and password you used for the Furniture Request Form. You will receive immediate email notification an appointment has been scheduled. Look for confirmation of your appointment by me in your email.
I will contact you if we are out of a requested item and need to make a substitution; or if I have questions regarding your submission.
Please read the following carefully, it is important stuff and took a long time to compose:
We are open by appointment only. No drop-ins. Appointment slots are $25., and may be paid at the time of service. One appointment slot per client. Appointment fees are to be paid by the agency, not the client. The fee for furniture may be paid by either the agency or the client, however it is customary that the client pay for their furniture.
Acceptable methods of payment: Agency check, VISA, PayPal or cash only. No money orders or personal checks
Now for the fun stuff!
Appointments are available at 9am.10am & 11am Thursdays and Fridays
Your agency name badge must be visible at all times during the appointment. We will ask for your agency business card for our records.
We are here to please.
We have made some changes, and there are 3 things you must know:
1. Client shopping has been discontinued.
2. Bridging selects furniture for your client – OR
3. You or an authorized agency representative (e.g. moving company) comes to the warehouse to pick up the furniture.
Please have faith that after 10 years in the biz we will not dump icky furniture on you.
Loading takes a half hour, tops. Bridging will move selected items to the loading zone, where it may then be loaded. All items must be removed at that time, nothing will be held. Liability insurance disallows Bridging to load. Bridging does not supply rope, blankets or tie down straps. Remember to bring these items. Word to the wise: beds come in 2 pieces: mattress AND box spring. Sending a Pinto for 2 beds is not a good plan. Please, keep this simple: no children, extra family members, dogs etc. Sorry, Bridging does not deliver.
The not-so-fun-stuff: If you fail to show for a scheduled appointment, or if Bridging does not receive a 24-hour notice of cancellation, you/your agency will be assessed a $25. no-show fee.